Thursday, May 5, 2011

A little chat



Next week at the Society of Illustrators, my friend Chris Wedge and I will be joined in a conversation about our careers in animation by a fellow named Joe Strike. Chris, as I'm sure you already know, is one of the founders of Blue Sky Studios and director of the animated features, Ice Age and Robots. Joe is a journalist with a particular obsession for animation. He is both connoisseur and geek and a pleasure to chat with. If you're in town, please join us next Thursday, May 12th at the Society. Go here for further details.
Meanwhile, I've been meaning to post this Scrat film for months. Though it's ostensibly the teaser for Ice Age 4, Continental Drift , I think it holds it's own beautifully as an individual short film.

11 comments:

  1. That Scrat short film is awesomely funny. I always wondered how the continents were formed. Wish I could make it to see you guys talk shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Peter,
    The link for the conference doesn't work... it seems like you put the same URL than the one for the short film....
    Anyway, the Short film is really great!!! I'm looking forward to watching Ice Age 4!!!
    Good luck for the conference, I wish I could come!!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! I'm not a lucky guy! I live faaaaar from here so no chances for me to go! Maybe another time! Nice scketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the short film, very funny. But I'm in love with your sketch : so full of life, so funny, such great shapes !
    (Do you work with prismacolor pencil on tracing paper to have that smooth line?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe... I always thought he could use a shrink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love it ! I can't even tell you how much I love the humor in our work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just moved to new york and can't believe I missed this!!

    ReplyDelete